Team Marketing Report
The leading source of sports business news and insights.
About Team Marketing Report
Launched in 1988, Team Marketing Report quickly became the leading national source for sports business news and insights.
TMR operates where sports marketing data, trends and sales come together with sports business professionals who make it all happen.
We share the best in fan engagement, the ingenious ideas that differentiate and the savvy solutions that overcome obstacles.
We live to share sport’s best fan experiences. That can be via promotions, sponsorships, ticket offerings, merchandise, technology, facilities, hospitality and much, much more.
We don’t stop there. We empower readers not only by sharing ideas and solutions, but by providing direct connections to the people behind them.
Creative, game-changing and measurable fan engagement solutions
Our best-known offerings are:
TMR Insider - in-depth articles, information and game-changing takeaways since 1988
Fan Cost Index® - the industry standard for the cost of a family of four to attend a game at all MLB, NFL, NBA or NHL arenas, beginning in 1991
SportsSponsor FactBook - not just lists of people and companies, but contact information for decision makers, sponsorship terms and links to related FCIs and TMR Insider articles
Chris Hartweg, CEO & Publisher
Chris Hartweg brings three decades of experience in sports-focused marketing and connections to his role of revitalizing TMR.
He constantly asks two questions:
-“What’s in this for the fan?” Without fans to attend games, buy merchandise, watch broadcasts, patronize sponsors or bring along the next generation, we’re all out of business.
-”How do we know it works?” There is definitely something to “gut feel.” Nonetheless, we always have to be prepared to prove to the naysayers and bean-counters that the marketing campaign has driven new season ticket sales, increased concessions revenues or boosted positive fan engagement online significantly.
Chris has worked in media relations, sponsorship sales, broadcasting, event production and experiential marketing and looks forward to bringing you a fresh perspective together with thirty years of TMR archives.
- Dom Abruzzo (MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL)
- Kawanis Bowers (NBA)
- A.J Favorito (NBA, XFL)
- Connor Hartweg (NBA, NHL
- Jay Heininger (NHL)
- Libby Heisinger (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, MLB)
- Jack McCoy (MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL, NHL, TMR Insider Special Contributor
- Kevin Adler, Chief Engagement Officer, Engage Marketing
- Jim Andrews, Sponsorship Consultant
- John Balkam, Founder, Third Win Group
- Phil de Winter, Head, Business Development, Americas, FanHub Media
- TK Gore, Director, Business Development, Comscore
- Jon Greenberg, Founding Editor/Columnist, The Athletic Chicago
- Adam Grossman, Founder & CEO, Block Six Analytics
- Roy Kessel, Founder, Sports Philanthropy Network
- Zach Leonsis, SVP, Strategic Initiatives, Monumental Sports & Entertainment
- Jake Lenz, President & Co-Founder, HomeField Alliance
- Dan Migala, Co-Founder, 4Front
- Ed Molitor, Founder, The Molitor Group
- Mike Murphy, Co-Founder & CEO, Prime Sponsor
- David Paro, President, Deep Alliance
- Christine Pinalto, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Sidelined USA
- Jay Sharman, CEO, TeamWorks Media
- Alan Snel, Publisher, Las Vegas Sports Business
- Shawn Sullivan, Assoc. AD, Marketing & Fan Engagement, Ball State Univ.
- Robert Teinowitz, President & Co-Founder, Live Action Media