- Global Headquarters
- 935 Middle St.
- ESPN Plaza
- Bristol, CT 06010
- 6,500 Employees
ESPN Inc. is a sports media company based in Bristol, Conn. founded in 1979 by former WHA Hartford Whalers communications director Bill Rasmussen.
ESPN went on the air Sep 7, 1979, starting with 625 cable affiliates carrying the channel in 1 million households (out of 20 million U.S. cable households). By 1983, ESPN was the largest U.S. cable channel with 28.5 million households.
ABC bought 14 percent of ESPN in Jan 1984 and then acquired controlling interest in Jun 1984. ABC merged with Capital . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.