- Global Headquarters
- 555 W. Monroe St.
- Chicago, IL 60661-3605
The Gatorade Company, Inc. is a Chicago-based manufacturer of sports-themed beverage and food products, built around its signature line of sports drinks.
The beverage was first developed in 1965 by a team of researchers at the University of Florida to replenish the carbohydrates that the school's student-athletes burned and the combination of water and electrolytes that they lost in sweat during sports activities. The name comes from Florida's mascot, the Gator.
By 1969, creator Robert Cade moved to make Gatorade available commercially, licensing . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
- Food & Beverage