- 140 Harbour Esplanade
- Melbourne, Victoria 3008
The Australian Football League (AFL) is the top-level Australian rules football league in Australia.
Through the AFL Commission, the AFL also serves as the sport's governing body, and is responsible for controlling the laws of the game.
The league was founded as the Victorian Football League (VFL) in 1897 as a breakaway from the previous Victorian Football Association (VFA). Originally comprising only teams based in the Australian state of Victoria, the competition's name was changed to the Australian Football League for the 1990 season, after expanding to other states throughout the 1980s.
The AFL currently consists of . . .
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers,
- View 113 Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years and/or
- Access older Insider content from our newsletter library that first published in 1988.
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs. Click here to details on joining (or upgrading) now.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today.
Sponsorship Info is available to Pro and Premium Members!Upgrade Now