- 1133 20th St., NW
- Washington, DC 20036
The National Football League Players Association was established in 1956 as the union for professional football players in the NFL and is based in Washington, D.C.
In 1989, during a dispute with NFL owners, the NFLPA decertified as a union. This was done to allow players to individually bring anti-trust lawsuits against the NFL and team owners challenging the league's free agency policies. The result: new free agency rules, a salary cap tied to the players' share of league revenues and a minimum payroll requirement for teams.
Once the new agreement was reached in 1993, the NFLPA . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
- Athlete Marketing
- Career Development | HR
- Financial Services
- Merchandise & Licensing