- Global Headquarters
- 1 Lovejoy Wharf
- Boston, MA 02114
Converse is a Boston, Mass.-based shoe company that primarily produces skating shoes and lifestyle brand footwear and apparel. Founded in 1908 by Marquis Mills Converse, it has been a subsidiary of Nike, Inc. since 2003.
Marquis Mills Converse, previously a manager at a footwear manufacturing firm, opened the Converse Rubber Shoe Company in Feb. 1908 in Malden, Mass. The company manufactured winterized rubber-soled footwear for men, women and children.
It was not until 1915 that the company began manufacturing athletic shoes. The company began to take off in 1917 when the Converse "All-Star" basketball shoe was introduced . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today.