- 601 F St. NW (Capital One Arena)
- Washington, DC 20004
The current Washington Wizards franchise was established in Chicago in 1961 as the Chicago Packers, then renamed to Chicago Zephyrs for the 1962 season.
In 1963, they relocated to Baltimore and became the Baltimore Bullets, taking the name from a previous Baltimore team. In 1973, the team changed to the Capital Bullets to reflect their move to Washington, D.C., then to Washington Bullets in the following season. Finally, in 1997, the team was rebranded as the Washington Wizards.
The Wizards current majority owner is Ted Leonisis who acquired the team in June 2010 as part of an $825 million . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers,
- View 113 Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years and/or
- Access older Insider content from our newsletter library that first published in 1988.
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs. Click here to details on joining (or upgrading) now.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
Team FCI content is available to Pro and Premium Members!Upgrade Now
Sponsorship Info is available to Pro and Premium Members!Upgrade Now