- 3719 Terrace St.
- Petersen Events Center
- Pittsburgh, PA 15261
The University of Pittsburgh is a state-related research university in Pittsburgh, Pa., known as "Pitt."
Founded as the Pittsburgh Academy on Feb 28, 1787, it was renamed Western University of Pennsylvania in 1819, then took on its current moniker as the University of Pittsburgh in 1908.
Pitt was a private institution until 1966 when it became part of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education.
All varsity sports teams compete as members of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) since the 2013-14 season, with the exception of the gymnastics team that competes in the East . . .
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers,
- View 113 Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years and/or
- Access older Insider content from our newsletter library that first published in 1988.
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs. Click here to details on joining (or upgrading) now.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today.