- Global Headquarters
- 1020 Hull St.
- 3rd Fl.
- Baltimore, MD 21230
- 15,800 Employees
Baltimore, Md.'s Under Armour, Inc., (UA) was founded Sep 25, 1996, by then 24-year-old Kevin Plank, based out of his grandmother's basement in Washington, D.C.
Plank had played college football at the University of Maryland and was tired of changing out of sweat-soaked undershirts worn under his football pads. Inspired by his moisture-wicking compression shorts, he set out to design shirts that would stay dry and help keep football players cooler and more comfortable.
Plank says he went with the British spelling of "armour" because the toll-free vanity number was . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers,
- View 118 Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years and/or
- Access older Insider content from our newsletter library that first published in 1988.
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
- Merchandise & Licensing
- Sporting Goods