- 150 Peabody Pl.
- Memphis, TN 38103
- 8,500 Employees
Terminix was founded in 1927 by E.L. Bruce in Memphis, Tenn., to develop an insecticide to kill the termites damaging the hardwood floors his company manufactured. By 1932, chemist Frank Lyons created the first termiticide, and the company, as Bruce Terminix began to franchise termite protection services. In 1955, it was the first company to offer a termite protection contract.
In 1986, ServiceMaster bought the company from Cook Industries who had purchased the E.L. Bruce Company, including Terminix, in 1968. ServiceMaster continued to acquire numerous other pest control companies, placing them under the Terminix banner, and by 1990 . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.