- 1133 Ave. of the Americas
- 5th Fl.
- New York, NY 10027
Established in 1954 and based in New York City, the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) is the union for current professional basketball players in the National Basketball Association (NBA).
The union was founded in 1954, making it the oldest of the North American major league player unions. It was formally recognized by NBA owners in 1964.
The NBPA briefly became a trade association in 2011, when it was dissolved during the 2011 NBA lockout.
To ensure that the rights of NBA players are protected and that every conceivable measure is taken to assist players in maximizing . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers,
- View 113 Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years and/or
- Access older Insider content from our newsletter library that first published in 1988.
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
- Athlete Marketing
- Career Development | HR
- Merchandise & Licensing