- Global Headquarters
- One Aloha Ln.
- Peoria, IL 61615
Maui Jim began in 1980 with a fisherman named Jim Richards -- the original "Maui Jim" -- selling sunglasses on Ka'anapali beach in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii.
As the company grew during the 1980's, it developed polarized sunglasses to further protect users' eyes from glare and ultraviolet rays.
1991: Walter Hester, a boat captain turned oilman, purchases the company after trying the sunglasses, becoming part of Hester Enterprises, Inc.
1994: Peoria, Ill.-based RLI Vision becomes the U.S. mainland distributor for the company, then rebranded Maui . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers,
- View 113 Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years and/or
- Access older Insider content from our newsletter library that first published in 1988.
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs. Click here to details on joining (or upgrading) now.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today.
Additional Offices / Facilities
- Maui Office
- 721 Wainee St.
- Lahaina, HI 96761