- Global Headquarters
- Route de Vidy 9
- Lausanne, SW 1007
- 500 Employees
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is an international sports federation based in Lausanne, Switzerland, best known as the organizer of the Summer and Winter Olympic Games as well as the Paralympic Games and Youth Games.
The IOC is also the governing body of the 206 National Olympic Committees (NOCs).
Frenchman Pierre de Coubertin created the IOC June 23, 1894, to stage the first modern olympic games with Demetrios Vikelas named the organization's first president.
The inaugural Summer Olympic Games were held in Athens, Greece, from . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
- Advancing Sport