- 4790 W 16th St
- Event Deliveries:2601 Georgetown Road Indianapolis, IN 46224
- Indianapolis, IN 46222
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is an automobile racing facility in Indianapolis, Ind., that first hosted racing in 1909. IMS was the second purpose-built, banked oval racing circuit after Brooklands and the first to be called a "speedway."
The initial track in 1909 consisted of graded and packed soil covered by 2 inches of gravel, then 2 inches of limestone covered with taroid (a solution of tar and oil), then 1–2 inches (3–5 cm) of crushed stone chips also drenched with taroid, with a final topping of crushed stone. The surface left the race cars and . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today.