- 8301 Professional Pl.
- Landover, MD 20785
Giant Food of Maryland, LLC (a.k.a. Giant-Landover), was founded Dec. 15, 1936, by N.M. Cohen and Samuel Lehrman. The first location, within the District of Columbia, was the area's first supermarket.
Based today in unincorporated Landover, Md., the supermarket chain currently has 164 stores and 154 full-service pharmacies in Del., Md., N.J., Va. and Washington, D.C. (as of Sept. 3, 2019).
There is a separate Giant supermarket chain in Pa., often called Giant-Carlisle to avoid confusion with Giant-Landover. Interestingly, both are owned by the Dutch supermarket company Ahold Delhaize, but . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers,
- View 113 Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years and/or
- Access older Insider content from our newsletter library that first published in 1988.
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.