- 500 George Washington Hwy
- Smithfield , RI 02917
Gargoyles, founded in 1979 by Dennis Burns, changed the sunglasses industry with the invention of Toric lens technology. Burns had noticed that flat sunglasses left the eyes more exposed to the elements, while the curved lenses of the time were causing visual distortion and stress on the eyes.
In 1983, the company released its first product, the Gargoyle Classic.
Today, the brand is owned by FGX Direct LLC, the e-commerce arm of FGX International Inc., a global designer and marketer of non-prescription reading glasses and sunglasses. Other brands in the FGX portfolio . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today.