- Calle 2da
- Santo Domingo, DR C3V9+QH
The Dominican Summer League is a professional baseball league founded in 1985 by Freddy Jana who ran the league until his death in 2007. Orlando Diaz who was Jana's vice president, took over as president of DSL in May 2008.
The DSL is one of three rookie-level leagues run by Minor League Baseball. The other two are the Gulf Coast League, based in Fla., and the Arizona League, based in the Phoenix area.
Following the demise of the Venezuelan Summer League after the 2015 season, the DSL is the only Latin American based rookie league.
Play starts at . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
Already a member? Sign In HERE.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Click here to join (or upgrade) now.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.