- Global Headquarters
- 14375 NW Science Park Dr
- Portland, OR 97229
Portland, Ore.-based Columbia Sportswear Company (NASDAQ: COLM) was founded in 1938 as a family-owned hat distributor by Paul and Marie Lamfrom.
The Lamfroms had fled Nazi Germany in 1937 and purchased a hat distributorship upon arrival in Portland. The company became Columbia Hat Company, named for the nearby Columbia River.
In 1948, the Lanfrom's daughter, Gert, married Neal Boyle, who later became the head of the company in 1964.
By 1960, frustrations with suppliers had driven the family to start manufacturing their own products, and . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.