- 225 N Michigan Ave
- Chicago, IL 60601
Headquartered in Chicago, Ill., Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) is a group of 36 separate health insurance organizations across the U.S., providing health insurance to more than 106 million Americans.
Originally started in 1929, Blue Cross was formed to help teachers receive affordable health care. Blue Shield was formed in 1939, supplying medical care to lumber and mining camps in the Pacific Northwest.
In 1982, the two companies merged forming the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Licensee organizations by state/territory
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama
Premera Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alaska . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
- Health & Wellness