- Global Headquarters
- 601 E St. NW
- Washington, DC 20049
AARP is a Washington, D.C.-based 501(c)(4) organization that sells memberships and markets insurance and other services to its members.
Of note, AARP does not sell insurance, nor is it an insurer. It allows its name to be used by insurance companies in the sale of products and marketing to its members, for which it is paid a commission.
The organization was founded in 1958 by retired educator Ethel Percy Andrus. In 1947, Andrus had created the National Retired Teachers Association (NRTA) to promote "productive aging" as well as promote health insurance for . . .
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers,
- View 113 Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30 years and/or
- Access older Insider content from our newsletter library that first published in 1988.
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs. Click here to details on joining (or upgrading) now.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
- Social Good