- Global Headquarters
- 601 E St. NW
- Washington, DC 20049
AARP is a Washington, D.C.-based 501(c)(4) organization that sells memberships and markets insurance and other services to its members.
Of note, AARP does not sell insurance, nor is it an insurer. It allows its name to be used by insurance companies in the sale of products and marketing to its members, for which it is paid a commission.
The organization was founded in 1958 by retired educator Ethel Percy Andrus. In 1947, Andrus had created the National Retired Teachers Association (NRTA) to promote "productive aging" as well as promote health insurance for . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.
- Social Good