On Sept. 9, 1992, a small story was posted in the Allegheny Bulletin, the strike paper for the soon-to-be-defunct Pittsburgh Press. The headline was “Ticket Prices The Same.”
Apparently, Pirates fans were upset that playoff ticket prices had gone up in 1991, the second of three straight playoff seasons. How expensive were the seats at Three Rivers Stadium to see Barry Bonds' final go-around as a Pirate? For the National League Championship series, reserved seats were $30 and reserved general admission were $20. If the Pirates made the World Series that year (thanks a . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.