Lambeau Field in the winter evokes a number of flowery football descriptions, most including the term, “frozen tundra.” But before the Green Bay Packers' home playoff game last weekend, the word "blackout" was a new addition.
The big story leading up to "wild card weekend" was the extra tickets remaining past the initial blackout deadline for Cincinnati, Indianapolis and most notably, Green Bay. None of the games were blacked out, of course. In Green Bay, sponsors and local Fox stations gobbled up the extra tickets and the self-inflicted crisis was averted.
The idea . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.