- 1050 W. Hampden Ave.
- Englewood, CO 80110
Sports Authority, Inc. (formerly The Sports Authority) was a U.S. sporting goods retailer headquartered in Englewood, Colo. The company went out of business in Chapter 7 bankruptcy and liquidated in 2016.
At its peak, Sports Authority operated 463 stores in 45 States and Puerto Rico.
Dick's Sporting Goods acquired all intellectual property during the liquidation process.
Today, AEON Co., Ltd., operates "Sports Authority" stores in Japan under a licensing agreement.
1928: Nathan Gart opens Gart Bros. in Denver . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.