- 3091 Hwy 81 N
- Bowie, TX 76230
American Hat Company is a Bowie, Texas-based manufacturer of hand-made cowboy hats.
AHC was founded by Sam Silver, who opened his first hat store on Main Street in Houston, Texas, in 1915. His son, Bubba Silver, took over when Sam passed away in 1948. Bubba Silver was the first person to introduce waterproof straw hats and to this day, American Hat Company is still the only cowboy hat company to produce waterproof straw hats.
The Silver family owned American Hat Company until 1984 when Bill and Billie George bought it.
Keith and Susan . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today.