Adding a plush-costumed mascot to one of baseball’s most storied, if not successful franchises in 2014 is a risky endeavor in the world of public opinion.
The Chicago Cubs introduced “Clark the Cub” on Monday afternoon and it got raving reviews on Twitter. Most unprintable, but almost unanimously negative.
The Cubs painstakingly explained in a press release that Clark won’t be a roving, goofy mascot and would be used more for outreach events involving children.
The release noted, “You won’t find this bear shooting T-shirt guns, riding an ATV around the . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today.