It only took one question for Billy Harner to correct me. Really, just two words: Hipster Night.
When it was announced that the Brooklyn Cyclones were having Williamsburg Night at their stadium next month, people on Twitter and on sports blogs immediately thought of hipsters. It quickly became Williamsburg Hipster Night, because what else is Williamsburg known for?
So when I asked who came up with "hipster night," Harner, the Cyclones director of communications, checked me.
"We're trying to avoid that lingo," he said . . .
To read the most recent two months of TMR Insider™ news and insights, simply register for FREE Rookie membership. Rookies can view select TMR Insider™ content as well as our most recently published Fan Cost Index® report.
If you need access beyond a Rookie's to enable you to...
- Dive into our 5,000+ SportSponsor FactBook™ profiles that contain contact information for 15,000+ decision makers;
- View 120+ Fan Cost Index reports from the past 30+ years; and/or
- Access TMR Insider newsletter content from our archives back 1988...
You can easily upgrade anytime to an All-Star or MVP membership based on your needs.
Want to establish a multi-user account because you are...
- with a team, league, brand, agency, property, etc.?
- a professor or teacher looking for access for a class or sports management program?
Contact our publisher, Chris Hartweg, at email@example.com for pricing today.